FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Dec 4, 2006

catch up

No, kids, I didn't get sucked into a nerd vortex at Mid-Ohio-Con and I'm not currently writing this from another dimension. I am, however, writing this from the sunny climes of Los Angeles, where the sky is blue, the trees are palm, the milk is soy, and the boobs are fake. I like it here, though I feel very stranger in a strange land.

The aforementioned Mid-Ohio-Con was pretty cool, if at times slow and dull. Walking by the tables of a teeny tiny Joyce DeWitt and gone-grey Richard Kline I could pretend I was hanging out at the Regal Beagle circa '78...I suppose that was something. It was fun to pontificate a bit and crack wise on the horror panel...I sat next to the legendary Al Feldstein, the EC Comics artist and former EIC of Mad Magazine. He's my new best friend. I sold some comics and junk and overall had a lovely time. Hooray for nerd cons!

Oh, and I did have to spend a bit of the money I earned on the most ridiculous yet wonderful thing ever: a complete set of Dallas trading cards.

Yes, all you favorites are here, from Lucy and Miss Ellie to Sue Ellen looking glamourous, natch.

The set shows the Ewing clan doing other glamourous things as well, such as eating breakfast!

I know what you're thinking..."Sure, sure, Stacie. That breakfast card is sweet and all, but where's the action? Where are the cards depicting the more scintillating side of Dallas, like Jock breaking up a fight between JR and Bobby?" Well, bitches, here you go:

Action packed, no? If that's not enough for you action lovers out there, then hold on to your hats and get a load of this...

Bobby and Ray doing paperwork. How cool is that? See how they're laughing?

Sigh.

I'll have something even more horror-related tomorrow, I swear. Right now, however, I need to go get a nose job.

11 comments:

Jesse Hammer said...

Hey, Stacie. If your going to be in town on Saturday were havin' an 'Obnoxious Christmas Sweater' party at my house in Hollywood. It should be pretty bitchin' and we'd love you to come. I'm not a stalker, I swear. Okay. Maybe a little.

Anonymous said...

Are you confabbing with Kim Morgan and Amanda while you're out the in sunny El Lay, Stacie Ponder? Have fun, but try, try, try to not go completely Hollywood while you're there...just think how embarrassing that'll be when you have to finally return home. A nose job is fine, but whatever you do, don't hire an assistant...

Anonymous said...

You spoke to Al Feldstein!?!?! Holy Crap!! Could you actually feel or see the genius radiating from him? I'm jealous.
Hope you have fun in L.A... there are replicants there, you know.

Stacie Ponder said...

Wow, Jesse, thanks for the invite! Sadly I'm already booked for a birthday slumber party on Saturday. Undoubtedly there will be pillow fights, underwear put in the freezer, and a sweaty killer wielding a large phallic drill just like any good slumber party!

Theron, I'm actually typing this from Amanda's house...isn't that awesome? And no, I haven't hired an assistant yet, but I'll need one soon- I've hired a personal trainer and an agent already.

Brian, Al Feldstein fucking RULED. He was so sweet and so funny. After the panel he stopped by my table- he was curious about stick figure zombies. I stopped by his table several times throughout the weekend to chat even, he was so nice. It was an honor to sit next to him and listen to his stories, and I was thrilled just to be able to say 'thanks' to someone who's been such a huge influence on my life.

Anonymous said...

"Underwear in the freezer!?" Is there actually a precedent for that? That is totally evil!
It sounds like something from a Linda Blair Slumber Party movie!
Well, actually, then, it would have to be something like tampons in the freezer, wouldn't it..?
Come on! It's a Linda Blair movie!

The whole deal with Al Feldstein must've been SO cool!

And, uh, does Amanda even know you're in L.A., let alone using her computer? Just me being suspicious...

Anonymous said...

While you gals are together, y'all need to cook up another Genre Girls post in between all the slow-motion pillow fights, group showers, etc.

John Barleycorn said...

My last visit to L.A. spawned a breast reduction. It was a disaster.

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm not sure if you've mentioned the Black Christmas Trailer yet, but we should definitely discuss
(like how about that Margot Kidder wannabe). There are so many things wrong with this trailer ("you're definitley being Punk'd") that definitely deserve some ridicule.

oh and the original Black Christmas got the special edition dvd treatment this week, a definite step up from the previous effort.

88ArterialSprays

Anonymous said...

oh by the way, it seems Dimension is going with 'Black Christmas' as the title over the more teen-friendly 'X-mas'. That poster must have been an early, 'more proactive' stab at the marketing of the movie.

88ArterialSprays

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Internet, I would looooooove to get the new edition of "Black Christmas" for, umm, Christmas (hint, hint)...

Anonymous said...

If there's a card of Donna looking disappointed at Ray for allowing their marriage to fall apart then I may have to invest in my very own Dallas trading card set. Or any card with Jamie...she was a hottie, what was she doing with Cliff?