FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Mar 2, 2007

Murder, Tonight, in the Trailer Park

Because it is a nice sunny day outside, and for the first time in a month the ground isn't covered with snow, I ain't got time to think of something lengthy and insightful to post. I'm not watching a movie either, so there. Instead, I'll simply link you to a couple of trailers and you'll like it!

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Doesn't tell you much, though Zombie's clearly going to indulge in the "your family can totally fuck you up!" angle for this film, rather than the "pure evil incarnate" angle of the original. The theme is nicely updated- me like.

Wrong Turn 2

I looooved the first Wrong Turn, and one of these years I've got to get around to reviewing it. It was what it was and it bore no conceits, if you know what I mean- and I think you do. Besides, who doesn't love a movie about cuckoo nutso backwoods deformed inbred cannibals? Only jerks don't love movies about cuckoo nutso backwoods deformed inbred cannibals. In Wrong Turn 2 (direct to DVD, but I. Don't. Care. I mean, Henry Rollins!), we get to meet Mr & Mrs Cuckoo Nutso Backwoods Deformed Inbred Cannibal, they who sired the dastardly trio of the original film. The Mr & Mrs are also brother and sister, of course, and I wouldn't be surprised if somehow they were also father and daughter. Or mother and son. Or Scarecrow and Mrs King. Or Jake and the Fatman.

Anyway, happy weekend. 10 points to anyone who knows where this post title comes from- without looking it up, of course. Cheaters.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

They both look good to me. I like Rob Zombie's visual style and his '70s sensibility, so I hope for the best.

The original "Wrong Turn" had Jeremy Sisto playing a nice, normal guy - weird, eh? It was good, and the sequel looks killer too...hmmm, pun intended? Naaaah...

Anonymous said...

I love the cowboy junkies.

88arterialsprays

Matt said...

I'm surprised more people didn't like Wrong Turn. It was a good, straight-up, old-fashioned, well-paced, crazy-cannibals-in-the-woods horror movie. Speaking of Rob Zombie, I remember Wrong Turn and House of 1000 Corpses came out around the same time, and his fans were all atwitter about how he was supposedly reviving the 70's horror vibe (something his movies fail to do, in my opinion), but I thought that Wrong Turn was one of the better throwback horror films of the time.

Anonymous said...

The Halloween trailer is Zombie-esque, but it turned out to be fake. http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7667
BD just really, really likes it.


But it does mean that Rob has to top the fan made one when he makes his.

Dave S said...

hey, is the post title from 'natural born killers'?

Lunchmeat said...

I agree with MAtimus. WT is as old school as you can get. If the film was made in the early 80's, it would be a classic today. Old school horror fans seem to complain about a lack of good horror (and rightly so), but when the epitome of a genre film they loves comes out, most don't even recognize it for what it is.

I, personally can't wait to see Rob's remake.

arajane said...

someone else already said it, but i will say it again since it's the only thing in your blog i've ever known anything about... it's the cowboy junkies, from "black eyed man"!

Des said...

Rollins was awesome in Feast and the under the table scene in Wrong Turn itself buys the admission to the sequel.

Jesse Hammer said...

Where are ya, Stac? I'm getting worried.

Lunchmeat said...

She's with Jake and the Fat Man watching the Good Times marathon with Ester Rollie. DyNoMiTe!!!