FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 20, 2007

tgifa

Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Really? Wow, that sounds fascinating. Good luck with that...I hope it clears up.

Oh, me? Well, thanks for asking. Yeah, yeah, umm...I'm watching Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. See, it's my current Film Club pick, and I'm going to write about it on Monday, so, you know...I should totally watch it before then.

What? No, don't be silly- you don't need a card or a special jacket to join the Film Club. That's ridiculous (although between you and me, the idea of matching satin jackets sounds kinda hot)! No, see, the way it works is, I pick a movie and give a due date, and then people can join in and post about the movie on the same day or talk about it here. It's like we're on a cyberdate or something.

What else am I doing this weekend? Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Stuff. You know. I'd invite you along, but really...you should have that thing looked at.

OH MY GOD WHERE AM I?

In other news, it's Roundtable Day at The Horror Blog. This week's question concerns horror film credit sequences...go forth, read, discuss.

In other other news, Flight of the Living Dead will see a DVD release on October 2. Though the title really tells you everything you need to know, here's the skinny:
On a routine flight from Los Angeles to Paris, a mad scientist on the run from the CIA brings aboard top secret cargo – a corpse infected with a deadly, genetically engineered virus. When the plane hits turbulence, the flesh-eating zombie breaks free and spreads its disease throughout the cabin. With no government allowing the infected plane to land, the terrified passengers are stranded in the air. The clock is ticking as fuel begins to run out, and the passengers must fight for their lives against the ravenous tormentors before they are all turned into the living dead!
You know, I just saw this same exact movie about a week ago, except it was called Destination: Infestation and it starred Antonio Sabato Jr and Some Woman I Saw On A Show Once and instead of zombies, it was a pack of wild, hungry, computer-generated ants loose on the plane. We all know how much I love my animals run amok movies, but come on. Zombies trump ants, Antonio Sabato Jr or no Antonio Sabato Jr.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Snakes on a Plane" meets "Night of the Living Dead." How does Hollywood do it?

I'm waiting for "Doctor Zhivago" meets "Piranha." Yes, that's right, I want to see "Dr. Piranha."

Stacie Ponder said...

How about Cujo meets Steel Magnolias? I'd pay to see that.

spazmo said...

Hey, now you're talking. The sequel could be Rawhead Rex meets A Prairie Home Companion.

Unknown said...

On the subject of Leslie Vernon, my post is up

FatalPierce said...

I'm waiting for Killer Klowns from Outer Space meets Baywatch Nights

I also watched Behind the Mask Tadow!

Steve said...

I guess they meant well. I mean, being on a plane with zombies has to be probably the worst place to be, especially if you have the middle seat.

Squish said...

Leslie Vernon: The #1 slot on Netflix that never got sent to me
:(