FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 14, 2007

What the eff?

Hey, remember just the other day when I was all "Oh my God...All the Boys Love Mandy Lane and so do I!"? And how I was like "The ending was a bit of a bummer but the rest of it kicked so much ass that you should totally go see it!"?

Well, today Cinematical reports there's not simply a release date change in the works...rather, Weinstein/Dimension has dropped the film completely. Why? Whyyy? WHYYYYYYY?

Gee, it must have been all the buzz and positive reviews, for they surely portend disaster. At any rate, Dimension ditched a critically-acclaimed horror flick but they're keeping Who's Your Caddy? on their release schedule. WHYYYYYYY? The universe indeed moves in exceedingly fucked-up ways.

Apparently the film has been acquired by another outfit, and according to the official Mandy Lane MySpace page, the film will get a theatrical release at some point. I'll post more when I know more...otherwise, those of you into MySpace should probably keep an eye on it there.

Sigh. Maybe I'll go watch some other Dimension films to remind me of their high high standards...maybe that will clue me in as to why they dropped Mandy Lane. Yeah, that's it! I'll go watch Black Xmas, or perhaps Halloween: Resurrection.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dimension DID do Scream, and who didn't love seeing Tyra Banks die?....the Weinsteins are always to blame.

oh my god...Who's Your Caddy is real.

Josh DeSlasher said...

What dumb shits! Ah! Of all the theatrical releases left for this year, Mandy Lane was in my top 5, with Hatchet and that...err...reimaging thingy.

I do advise you to reconsider your viewings of Dimension films. Each time Black X-Mas is viewed, an orphan falls down a well. :(

Anonymous said...

Clearly, they fear the rise of the Ponderōsa Studio that's going to eat their lunch. How best to strangle it in its crib? Undermine your credibility by pulling films you plug. Oh, Machiavelli, wouldst thou wert alive to see it!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I'm glad because now I'll be able to Netflix the flick when it comes out on DVD. I hate the stupid Weinstein exclusivity deal with Blockbuster...

Anonymous said...

Terrible yet good news. The Weinsteins suck, they have no idea about how to run a business. But it sucks that it won't get released any time soon.

Erich Kuersten said...

Passing it onto another co. is better than them holding onto it. They loooove to keep films on ice for years and years, waiting for a film just like it to make money and convince them "the zeitgeist is right" --then they quick re-edit it, change the soundtrack to rap tunes and dump it to video.

But at least they created DRAGON DYNASTY and are doing right by the kung fu crowd, but that's a different website...

Erin said...

Assy. I hope whomever they sold it to doesn't butcher it.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Senator U.S. saved the day, bought domestic rights from TWC and are releasing the film on over 1,000 screens in early '08.