FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Feb 2, 2009

papercraft killers

From the dust-collecting, perhaps wasteful things that are still pretty damn cool department come Cubeecraft Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers!

Download the designs from the Cubeecraft website and build these paper psychos yourself- you only need a printer and some scissors. Oh, and patience. And love...let's not forget the love.

There are about a zillion designs to choose from, from comic book icons such as Batman and Hellboy to such random characters as the "Duck Hunt" dog. I started out slow and simple and made myself a sweet-n-nerdy little Weighted Companion Cube* from Portal**.

Someday I hope to advance my folding skills and paper fu enough to tackle Chairy!


* that link plays "Still Alive", which WILL get stuck in your head

** i heart Portal

7 comments:

Rick Bman said...

Oh these things are just awesome... I am going to have to try one.

Anonymous said...

My son is eight and autistic and loves Portal. He made his own Companion Cube out of a cardboard box that he shuttled back and forth to school a few times and, when he finished the game for the first time, insisted my wife make a Portal cake for him.

Today, by sheer coincidence with your post, he got two Portal-related gifts I ordered for him: a plush Companion Cube (a lot less bulky than the cardboard box) and a framed portrait of GlaDOS' cake. He was ecstatic.

Koompa said...

Well done, android. Apreture Science would like to remind you that 'android hell' is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I've seen a Kermit one that looks pretty good. :)

Gestalt said...

This is great! I love portal and papercraft.

Pax Romano said...

Groovy, I can get working on next years Xmas gifts now!

© John Warwick Arden said...

What an amazing spot!! I love it when I see such great looking flix I've never seen, but hate the fact that I will not live long enough to get around to all of them. I think our 'built in obsolescence' is bogus, and I don't accept it. I can't die, I have too much to watch, so I thought I might live forever. If you can see your way clear to doing the same, and keep posting, I would be grateful.

Sites like yours make life worth living. C.S. Lewis said 'we read to know we are not alone'. Had there been such a thing when he said it, I'm positive he would have said 'blog' instead of 'read'...

Amounts to the same thing...