FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Aug 19, 2009

other stuff

Yes, other stuff is totally happening at AMC! Feel free to check 'em out and flap yer gums: this week I'm talking about Asian remakes...I know, I'm the very first person on The Information Superhighway to discuss the topic. I'm nothing if not timely!

Last week, my column about The super duper best kills of the Friday the 13th film series was posted. I wasn't here to tell you, and now you feel as though you're falling behind what's cool and with it, right? I know, I'm sorry. It'll never happen again, I swear*. Here's a little something to make up for it.




*It'll totally happen again, probably soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should learn not to read your posts at work, since it's very difficult to answer the phone in a professional manner while snorting and guffawing.

In other words, thank you for that picture. I just watched "Bulletproof" last week, and this family photo reviews it far better than anything I could ever verbalize. Wheeee!

Verdant Earl said...

I'm framing that picture and putting it on my nightstand. That way it will always be near when I'm watching Leoncie videos on my laptop.

I blame you for all of that.

Robson said...

According to IMDB, the writers of FREDDY VS. JASON had to lobby hard to keep the Craftmatic Adjustable Corpse killing in the film. They even acted it out on the writers' room floor for Ronny Yu before he was sold on it.

The placement of the scene on the list is a perfectly fitting tribute to their vision.