FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

May 26, 2010

news you can possibly use

Wednesday is upon us, my friends, and that means this evening will be ripe with The Scare-ening! Tune in at 8pm PST / 11pm EST as Heidi and I talk zombies, zombies, and more zombies. It's going to be a total zombie power hour, so bring your game face! I'm not sure what I mean by "game face", exactly, but let's say it means "You should listen and perhaps think about calling in."

ZOMBIES!

Now then...a choice.

A wild Film Club appears!

Final Girl chooses It's Alive!

It's super effective!

Yes indeed, for the next go-round of the Film Club I say we watch It's Alive- mind you, I'm talking about Larry Cohen's 1974 film, not the recent remake. Don't write about the remake on Film Club day unless you want everyone to laugh at you! Oh, how they will laugh. It'll be like Carrie White at the prom all over again! Except probably without the telekinetic destruction. Probably.

Well, I mean, you can write about the remake if you want- even on Film Club day. I'm not trying to run your life here...I just want you to feel like you belong on Monday, June 28th when we're all talking about the original. That's because I care.

Anyway, It's Alive is available on Netflix- even streaming, so you have no excuses! Man, I wanted to make a Donna Rice joke there, but then it seemed a little dated, even for me.

On to other things: The Large Association of Movie Blogs has just released the list of nominees for the 2010 Lammy Awards and Final Girl is nominated for a few of 'em: Best Random LAMB Banner, Best Horror/Sci Fi Blog, and Funniest Writer. I think voting is only open to LAMB members, but to see a complete list of awards & nominees (and to vote) click here. Thanks to whoever nominated me, good luck to everyone involved, and that's all I'm going to say about the Lammys. Hooray!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

YES! I am so excited about It's Alive; I love that movie in all of it's screaming, murdering, infant-demon glory!

B-Sol said...

Congrats on the nominations Stacie!

Stacie Ponder said...

Thanks, B-Ri!

deadlydolls said...

Congrats on the nomination and, more importantly, being so awesome to choose It's Alive!

Stacie Ponder said...

I know you're disappointed it's not the remake!

:P

Anonymous said...

So, wait. Let me make sure I understand this. It is the ORIGINAL... not the remake. Did I get that right?

Stacie Ponder said...

Right. The original.

Anonymous said...

So... NOT the remake? The Original.

(you are gonna punch me soon, aren't you?)