FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Mar 18, 2011

awesome movie poster friday - the THIS TERRIBLE MOVIE PROBABLY DOESN'T DESERVE SUCH AN AMAZING POSTER edition!

Okay, so this is a tiny, tiny AMPF. If I put on my thinking cap, busted out my oversized novelty magnifying glass, and did some microfiche research, I'm sure I'd come up with plenty more examples. However, I unearthed this poster for The Child, and...well, I love The Child but I also recognize that it's not particularly a very good movie. The poster, though...dayum!

It's even better if you pretend they're all filing in for a Tupperware party.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

"...while the two-quart container is perfect for leftover chicken, pot roast, or..."
"BRAAAAAAAIIIINNNSSS!"
"Yes. or brains, they'll stay fresh for weeks!"

Thank you. This is my audition piece for SNL.

Verification: STIOUNR- Minor Elder God, also known as "He-who-bogarts-that-joint"

Matt Bradshaw said...

Agreed. The Child is awesome yet awful at the same time. The little girl's line "I don't have to tell you anything" has got to be the single worst bit of dialogue delivery in the history of the medium, with the possible exception of Linda Day George's "Bastards!!!" speech in Pieces.

And, yeah, the poster rocks.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap thats an awesome poster.

deb

-Lou said...

Looks like a party where everyone is dying to get in....BWHAAA HAAA HAAA...

Unknown said...

Great googile moogilie that is a thing of beauty.

Richard of DM said...

I also think The Child is a great flick. But damn, can you imagine going to the theater, seeing that bad ass poster, and thinking that was the type of movie you were going to get? That is almost as bad as the zombie onslaught promised by the artwork of the VHS for Revenge of the Dead AKA Zeder. Those evil film distributors and they're unethical treatment of moviegoers! Glad those days are over.

TheKungFuProfessor said...

I'm I the only one who can see a naked chick looking up at the sky? (4th from the back of the tupperware queue).
Is she in the film, I've not seen it myself. Great poster though!

Stacie Ponder said...

I see her too! She seems a bit...fleshy. As far as I recall, all the zombies in the film are real rotters. Guess she's just another evil distributor plot!