FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 10, 2011

SHOCKtober Day 10


Lefty Enright (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2)


Sayeth the chooser:

"Dennis Hopper effortlessly walks the line between tongue in cheek and genuinely badass in away I don't think anyone else has quiet managed. Watch!!! Him freak out then delight a Hardware Store Attendant. Marvel!!! As he kicks in a mural of Daniel Boone and releases a torrent of intensities!!! Clap With Glee!!! As he makes a room full of serial killers shit their pants with a rendition of the old hymn "Bringing In The Sheeves".

How much do I like Lefty Enright? I have unironically used his phrase "Lord, show me what I fear so I don't fear it no more." IN ACTUAL PRAYER. So there you go, from Dennis Hopper's lips to God's Ears, my choice for best Horror character."

Carrie White (Carrie)

There's never a time that Carrie White doesn't break my heart into a zillion pieces. And though things didn't quite work out for Carrie and Tommy at the prom (umm, understatement), at least they're together again in our SHOCKtober festivities!

No comments: