FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 4, 2011

SHOCKtober Day 4


These two favorite characters couldn't be more different...or maybe I mean ALIKE.

(I mean different)

Pinhead (Hellraiser, Hellraiser in Space, Hellraiser in the Computer, Hellraiser in the Old Days, That Hellraiser with Kari Wuhrer, Some Other Hellraisers Probably)

Sayeth the chooser of Pinhead: "Pinhead. Specifically, Doug Bradley as Pinhead, because fuck that new guy. I don't even know his name, but seriously, fuck that guy. Also, if I can be even more specific, Doug Bradley as Pinhead in the original Hellraiser. The sequels are mostly awful."

Scotty Parker (Silent Scream)

If anybody every asks why someone would choose Scotty Parker, I would just silently point to this picture. SILENTLY and SCREAMINGLY, I mean.

3 comments:

Kmork said...

Must... acquire... pair... of... Scotty Parker sunglasses!

spazmo said...

The chooser of Pinhead puts it perfectly. Doug isn't a sinister or sadistic-looking guy (quite the opposite). That's exactly why his portrayal of the character has resonance. The Cenobites aren't natural-born killers, they're us.

Pre-puzzle Pinhead should remind us of our favorite uncle, and that's just what DB projected in Hellbound (the best of the series).

Kweeny Todd said...

Haha awesome! I <3 Pinhead!