FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 6, 2011

SHOCKtober Day 6



Chucky (Child's Play)

This is kind of my new favorite picture ever. Oh Chucky, you rascal!

Chris Higgins (Friday the 13th Part 3)

"But what's happening behind me doesn't even make any sennnnnsssssssse!"

Chris doesn't get nearly enough love when the topic of Final Girls comes up. Why do we always forget about this axe-wielder who wielded an axe into Jason's friggin' head? Give the girl some respect, all of us besides the person who chose Chris as a favorite! Really, she's the last decent Final Girl the Friday films had. *tear*

4 comments:

Sad man said...

I'm so pissed I forgot to send my list. :(

Chris is my favorite Friday the 13th final girl. So she would have definitely gotten my vote.

Antaeus Feldspar said...

What, Tina doesn't count as a good Final Girl? ... admittedly, the classic formulation of a Final Girl tends more towards "defeats/survives the killer with wits and bravery" rather than with awesome psychokinetic powaa, so maybe that's it.

Shamos said...

Thanks Stacie, I had forgotten all about this! NOW if only Sue Ellen Ewing had been in a horror film...
;p)

Anonymous said...

But... I like Trish from "The Final Chapter"! She doesn't take any shit from ole' Jason.