FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Feb 27, 2012

Poor Annie

Do you remember a million years ago when I wrote a piece about Friday the 13th's unfortunate hitchhiker, Annie? This piece? Piece? No? I didn't think so. Well, read it! And then read this piece about Annie over at the Rue Morgue blog! It's by Annie aficionado Nicholas Kaufmann, and it features some words by yours truly (that's me). PIECE!


mere moments before her death, Annie celebrates feeling zestfully clean

5 comments:

Kirk H said...

Lovely tribute to Annie. You both so beautifully and articulately wrote what I feel, nothing needs to be said. In my ideal world, there'd be more Annies and they would live for the entire run-time and righteously chop-off crazy old lady heads and then canoe out onto the lake and wake up the next morning to see the gorgeous Camp Nobebosco fall colors, 4 months later. The only other slasher or horror genre victim that I feel that way about is MY BLOODY VALENTINE's Sylvia, whos vicious, cruel death is my favorite in all of the genre in its disturbing, stylish, and undeserved brutality.

Malte said...

I miss Annie. Friday the 13th never presents us with another character as likeable so everything after Annie's death is kind of a letdown, but that's by the by...

Marvin the Macabre said...

Stacie,

Your post about an older post quoted within another post inspired me to rewatch Friday the 13th after 13 or so years... and I had a great time. Not only are you right about Annie, but you're right that it is still scary. I mean, I wasn't all on the edge of my seat for the entire runtime, but there were some decent scares in there. I used to get down on the original because no Jason, but Mrs. Voorhees has got her own freaky shit going on.

Just know that you affected a life today, Ms. Ponder.

Ben Newman said...

So glad you are posting regularly again!

R.J. MacReady said...

Annie would have made a much better sole survivor than Alice. IMO. Although neither can compete with Ginny from Pt. 2.