FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Mar 19, 2012

It's that time!

What time? The time I say...

Final Girl is on hiatus.

WHAT.

Yes, friends, it must happen. I have a shit ton of work to do in the world of comics, and I can just feel Final Girl sitting here sad and lonely like a cyber Carrie White. I mean, if I'm going to not post and not say anything about it, why don't I just take it a step further and throw tampons at my computer monitor, right? I mean.

Okay, it wouldn't make sense for me to do that in any capacity, but you know what I'm saying. If you can handle the truth, let me tell it to you now- I think I've only watched three movies in the past four months. For serious! Part of that is because I don't have a couch, and I'm sorry...you need a couch for a good movie-watching experience. Or I do, anyway. Call me a baby!

I will still post from time to time, but I felt I needed to make some sort of statement as regular posting won't happen for some time. I'm still down with horror: Slashers 101 is still available, and I'm working on the next installment in the 101 series (YES A SERIES SAY WHAT). If you want some original art made just for you, hit me up at stacieponder at gmail dot com and tell me all about it. Facebook is a pretty good place to find me also.

I'm doing a signing for Womanthology at Casablanca Comics in Portland, ME on Saturday the 24th at 2pm, and one at Hub Comics in Somerville, MA on Saturday the 31st from 12-4. I'll also be at Boston Comic-Con (April 21-22)...not sure on my table time yet, but I'll be on the Womanthology panel, whenever that is. You can come and say hi if you want! I am a solid 26% less interesting in person, but it's balanced by the fact that I'm 38% more awkward.

So yes, that is that. This is better, I think. Now when I post, we'll all be "Oh, how special! Posting during hiatus!" rather than "IT'S ABOUT TIME WHY YOU NEVER POST", right?

Oh Charles Nelson Reilly, you is a cold hearted snake!

8 comments:

Dave Enkosky said...

Sad you won't be posting as regularly but glad you're working another 101 book.

Carrie said...

As I've been watching more and more movies, this hiatus makes me a little sad. I'll miss seeing your updates, but I guess 'll be crawling the archives more.

Good luck with all of your comics stuff!

Stacie Ponder said...

Thanks, guys. Believe me, this isn't "goodbye". It's more like "Can I call you back later?"

One of these days I'll have more time for movies and I'll have a couch on which to enjoy them! :D

Zane Grant said...

What?!? Ach!!! Can't you still do the posters though? Just for me!

deadlydolls said...

I already anxiously await your return, you extra rare piece of shit.

Edmond Kapllani said...

Good luck with all of your comics stuff.

highwayknees said...

Will miss OOoo!

Big Bad Mama 2 said...

Do you think you have time to do the "It’s a Horror to Know You" for Kindertrauma?