FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Nov 4, 2015

The Quizzening!

So you've seen some horror movies and now you think you're all big. Well, it's time to test your knowledge of the genre in the form of...A TEST. No Googling the answers!

1. Michael Myers is known as “The Shape”, but what was he originally called?
- The Pile
- The Thing
- The Ennui
- The Loaf

2. What is the title of Sergio Martino’s most famous giallo film?
- A Scream in a Velvet Mouth
- The Seven Deaths of Lucinda
- Hold This Knife While I Murder You
- Dancing with a Thousand Eyeballs at Midnight

3. Which film belongs in the 80s workout horror genre alongside Death Spa and Killer Workout?
- Murder Gym
- Fitness Murder
- Stretch, Sweat, Kill!
- Stretch, Sweat, Die!

4. Which horror icon faced off against Freddy Krueger in the 2003 film Freddy vs. Jason?
- Pumpkinhead
- Chucky
- Mrs Voorhees
- Mrs Garrett

5. In Psycho, Norman Bates famously dresses as his own ________
- motel
- crippling insecurity
- hair
- private Idaho

6. Choose the famous horror movie tagline:
- If this movie doesn’t make your skin crawl…you don’t have any skin!
- Who will survive and will they give me a ride to the airport?
- Abby doesn’t need a man anymore. She’s going to Lilith Fair!
- When there’s no more room in Hell, build more Hell, duh

7. Pinhead is the most famous of Hellraiser’s Cenobites. Who is the least famous?
- Chompy
- Axeface
- Fallopia
- Greg

Circle your answers and submit them via haunted videotape.

12 comments:

Marvin the Macabre said...

Thanks a bunch. Your "humor" nearly made me spray beer all over a crowded brewpub. You need to use trigger warnings.

Cagey said...

I <3 you, Stacie Ponder!

CashBailey said...

I just answered 'C' for every one.

It's what got me through high school.

originalslugboy said...

Movies I would watch:

Freddy vs Mrs. Garrett

Any film with any of those taglines

Anonymous said...

In the event that you make another movie, I'll be disappointed if it's not titled Dancing with a Thousand Eyeballs at Midnight. Although Hold This Knife While I Murder You isn't bad either.

Stacie Ponder said...

I would watch any of the gialli in this quiz!

Unknown said...

Aaaaaaand now Private Idaho is stuck in my head.

Daniel B? said...

I got them all wrong! However, I did want to guess "It's not human but it has a...?"

Versace Handbag! Why wasn't that a choice?

CashBailey said...

This has been around for years but the 'Do-It-Yourself Giallo Kit' still gives me a good giggle.

http://www.braineater.com/misc/giallo.html

Unknown said...

you know what? it's jolly old yuletide time and I think we should make up our list of films we want the incredible Stacy Ponder to review with her one of a kind penetrating wisdom and smartness. (I probably ought to suck up some more here. and I might later.)

1. The Woman - please Stacy, explain to us what the fuck? I'm talking about McKee's really weird soundtrack. is it meant as parody? and yes, tell us what The Baby means. and the coda.

2. Antichrist - a pair of scissors and lots of woodsey batshittery.

3. Nympomaniac - in which we find out that charlotte gainsbourg has some really weird and different looking...physical attributes. I've never seen any that look quite like that. you'll know when you see 'em.

4. Excision - just four words: insane bloody masturbatory fantasies. four more words: and lots of them.

5. Mullholland Drive - yes, it is true, every sonofabitch in the word has an opinion. everyone has written and explained the "plot". but I will never truly know what this movie means until the Mighty Stacy tells me. (gosh, I hope I spelled her name right)

Stacie Ponder said...

0/3 on the name, I'm afraid!

Unknown said...

stacIE: i forgot to tell you - Excision has traci lourds in it and she's really good.