FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 5, 2007

yay to the millionth

I've got another interview up over at Pretty/Scary...this month, it's Alex Reid, star of Arachnid, Wilderness, and The Descent. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that last film or not here at FG, but now you know. Clicken ze linken and find out how damn cool she is. Huzzah!

And in a bid to fulfill my community service requirements for today, here's some sweet info for you Toronto folks...this seems mighty mighty cool. Attend in my honor, Torontites!

2007 FIGHT 'N' FRIGHT FESTIVAL (Friday July 6 to Sept 3)

ADRENALINE RUSH ON THE BIG SCREEN EVERY FRIDAY NITE AT THE BLOOR CINEMA.

Every Friday night from July 6 to Sept 3, screaming fans shall receive a rush of adrenaline on the Big Screen at the Bloor Cinema as the gang from Fight 'n' Fright Festival unleashes two high-octane screenings each evening, presenting Asian Martial Arts & Action to Classic Horror & Terror such as John Carpenter's The Thing and Sam Raimi's Evil Dead.

Awesome Prize Giveaways... Special Live Performances... Contests... Spotlight on Tarantino ...Awards... and much more...

On Friday July 6, Jackie Chan's 'Rumble in the Bronx' (7pm show) launches the 2007 Fright 'n' Fright Festival followed by the horror
classic 'The Evil Dead' (9:30pm show)...

*****July Lineup Includes:****

Friday July 6:
-7pm:Jackie Chan's 'Rumble in the Bronx'
-9:30pm: Evil Dead

Friday July 13:
-7pm:Ong Bak: Muay Thai Warrior
-9:30pm:Friday the 13th:The Final Chapter

Friday July 20:
-7pm:District B13
-9pm:From Dusk till Dawn

Friday July 27:
-7pm:Iron Monkey
-9pm:Re-Animator

*******************************************************************

"TORONTO'S HOTTEST TICKET THIS SUMMER --CATCH IT BEFORE IT RETURNS TO THE VAULT! "

Where? Only at Toronto's biggest and best rep theatre Bloor Cinema --506 Bloor St. W. (just east of Bathurst St. -- Bathurst Subway Station)

TICKETS per screening: $5 (in advance)* $7 (at the door)

For complete details, movie reviews, contests and Advance Ticket Sales
please visit: http://www.fightnfright.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacie,

You got to e-mail Alex Reid? A Descent lead? Man, I just hope it was over e-mail, so you couldn't act on your overpowering impulse to make out with her! : )

Stacie Ponder said...

Yeah, it's been email, and I've managed to maintain control. :D

She's very VERY cool, though. It's been an unorthodox interview, to say the least. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be back in my home town! I have always wanted to see Re-Animator on the big screen!!! I saw Rocky Horror at the Bloor as a kid. Have a blast! :)

Andrew said...

Great interview, and thank you especially for clearing up the clotted cream thing. (Man, that's been flummoxing me since I first read the Hobbit...) As for Jetsam, it's not a great movie, but she's really, really good in it. Still, it definitely could have used a giant spider and/or drooling cave thing.

Anonymous said...

Tuff interview, Stacie. Alex Reid is definitely hot. I really gotta see "The Descent."

And, yeah, "clotted cream" dredges up thoughts of yeast infections...I'm glad it's cleared up (whee!).

Anonymous said...

Alex Reid! Whoop!
Awesome. (How could she NOT be cool!?!)

And as a former Torontite, I love you for posting that festival link.

I remember one summer afternoon when I was eight or nine leaving my bike at home and going for an "adventure" walk.

I ended up venturing further than I'd ever dared ride - over the train tracks, past Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic school (an edifice even more daunting than the name suggests), past Brentwood Library, and then...Bloor Street!

To my left was the convenience store where I would eventually purchase my first copy of Fangoria magazine. And to my right stood the Bloor Street Cinema...featuring the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
Gasp! The gay sex movie I've been hearing whispers about for so long!

Frightened I'd stumbled upon some greasy thoroughfare of Gomorrah, I ran home as fast as my wayward little legs would take me.

Man, talk about your formative experiences.

Anonymous said...

The interview was GREAT.
And how cool THAT must've been for you.
"Knackered!"
"Clotted cream!"
It totally rocks.

Meanwhile, sorry I've been awol.
Inspired by the Script Frenzy online challenge, I've been trying to write my first screenplay (horror/thriller/exploitation).
Hit a dry spot and didn't finish in time for the actual challenge, but I'm plodding on and hope to have the first draft done this month.

Squish said...

"choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog."

Stacie, Come visit for more details, and finish the quiz while you're at it...

Stacie Ponder said...

Daaaaaaamn you, squiiiiiiish! I will do my best to participate. Thanks for the tag...I think! :D

Cattle! Good to see you around here! Yes, I think the Brit-speak was my favorite part. It's awesome to get to chat with people you dig.

Theron, your comment clearly deserves a "ba-dum-tish!".