FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Aug 8, 2008

greetings from Camp Arawak

This October 14, everyone's dreams (yes, everyone's- even Betty White has been waiting for this) are coming true: Return to Sleepaway Camp will be released on DVD! Hooray! As the French might say, "Voila, le trailer":



I AM SO READY. As much as I love Parts II and III with cute-as-a-button, righteous, post-op Angela (Pamela Springsteen), I'm psyched for the series to get back to its roots in the hands of writer/director Robert Hiltzik. Angela (Felissa Rose), Ricky (Jonathan Tiersten) and Ronnie (Paul DeAngelo) all return for the fourth film and though they're only glimpsed in this trailer, I can't wait to see what's become of them. If only Judy and Meg weren't dead...if they could be brought back somehow, I'd be in heaven. Again, as the French might say, "Voila, le box art":

I can't wait for October!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a bad feeling that they are going to ruin one of my favorite franchises ever.

Stacie Ponder said...

I think it looks a lot like the first film- or at least, keeping much closer in line with it than parts 2 and 3 did, that's for sure. I'm wondering how Angela will tie into all of it...

Wes Fierce said...

Yeah, how would s/he come back exactly? "Oh well, you murdered all those people but got off on an insanity plea. All those years of mental rehabilitation went great and now you're ready to 'Return to Sleepaway Camp'! That shouldnt be a problem at all! By the way, here's your old knife back, you might need it if you get lost in those woods!" lol

Unknown said...

So, so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yes, YES, YEESSS!!! Holy guacamole, this looks terrific. Somehow, they captured the look and feel of the original, with what Im guessing was a $10 budget. Genius!

Anonymous said...

I CANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

these are crazy cool posts....it's a shame the friggin' trailer ruined EVERY DEATH IN THE MOVIE

what the HELL!?!?!

I'm still excited thoughhhhhh

Anonymous said...

I think this movie looks fantastic. I agree with those who said it looks a lot like the original -- I swore when I saw the trailer that it was shot on the same sets, but apparently it was shot in a completely different location. Either way, it seems to have that eerie vibe that made the original so great. Color me excited. :)

I like the cover art, too.

Bloody Mary said...

Thanks for the warning, Nick! I'll avoid the trailer. There are lots of trailers that spoil the movie, but let me warn anyone that hasn't seen The Cottage to avoid that one also! Luckily I watched the trailer AFTER the movie.

Anonymous said...

I like that the cover art harkens back to the awesomeness of the 70s-80s slasher posters (though nothing beats the original knife-through-the-sneaker). It's about damn time this thing is being released-- I've been waiting since 2003!
Thank you, Robert Hiltzik, for revisiting your masterpiece with a REAL sequel. Now, if only we could get George Mihalka on My Bloody Valentine 2...