FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jun 5, 2009

who likes art?

Really? That many people? Neat! Now, then: how many people like art and would like to own some?

Hello?

Well, if you raised your hand, you're in luck. I'm having a...a...FIRE SALE on stick figure sketch cards- they're going for the low, low, LOW SO LOW IT'S INSANE price of $12 each, including shipping in the US. Yes, a mere $12 each...or 3 for $30!

Wow, I feel so Crazy Eddie right now.



Here's a samplin' of the type of card you'll get to clutch to your very own bosoms if you take me up on this offer:







To see more examples, you can totally click here. WOW I SAY. Subject matter is your choosing, and you're certainly not limited to horror movies or video games. If you want a card of your Aunt Ethyl, that's fine by moi.

I feel like "Ethyl" is the go to name for old aunts, but has anyone ever actually HAD an Aunt Ethyl?

Anyway. I'm doing this LAST DAYS LIQUIDATION SALE because post-production costs on Ludlow have skyrocketed. It's just typical Hollywood budget bloating- no longer satisfied with munching on peanut butter toast while I'm editing, I want to upgrade to grilled cheese. So help a bitch out and put me to work! You get some art, I get some grilled cheese. It's the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it!



Email me at stacieponder at gmail.com to talk turkey. Paypal is totes welcome. Oh, and just in case folks don't know what a sketchcard is, it's...a card on which an artist sketches.

Ha ha ha! But really, they're baseball card-sized pieces of art, 2.5" x 3.5".

11 comments:

Slyde said...

there is NO young person who has EVER been named Ethel... i think you legally get your name changed to Ethel after you turn 60.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, you just had to do this when I'm broke as broke can be. And I just love that Halloween card.

Grumble, grumble, life sux, grumble.

Dean said...

That Michael Meyers one is friggin awesome!

Stacie Ponder said...

Well, the good news is that the Michael Myers card was a commission and is thusly gone from my life. But I can do another one for ya sometime- I know how the broke thing goes. Hence the fire sale! :D

Anonymous said...

I love the cards. If I had money I would buy at least 3 and a half of them.

"Chris is Starving!"

Anonymous said...

Chop-a-holic still hates blogger logins...

Is there any way you could do something larger like say the 5x7 or 7x9"? I'd commission something like the older baseball cards had on the backs but I'm not sure my friend could assemble it together himself. :D
Alternately, maybe something full sketchpad size? What would that run if the background wasn't too busy? I'm emailing you with this as well but I thought it might also drum up some biz for you here as well!

MaryKate said...

I just spent an hour thinking of all the awesome cards I'd love to commission -- I'm pretty sure that, with the right combo, I could get my boyfriend to love me forever -- but I too am broke. Still, though...I'm thinking about buying. How long is said fire sale?

Anonymous said...

Nice. I recently picked up a Crazy Eddie shirt which I'll totally trade for a card.

Verdant Earl said...

Woot woot! Someone got you a mention over on IMDB for this post. Nicely done!

Amelia said...

Cute, but nothing a third grader with a decent understanding of slasher flicks couldn't have done. Talk to me when you do something artistically good, and then we'll talk about the actual movie concept in question.

Stacie Ponder said...

But...but...I AM a third grader.

I'll be sure to get back to you, Amelia...but first, can you define "artistically good" for me? That's, like, a seventh grade topic and I'm totally not there yet.