FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Sep 2, 2009

wednesday is...

...AMC day! Wherein this week, if thou shouldst follow the linkage, you will behold a column by moi about blaxploitation horror movies. Scream, Horror Hacker, Scream!

...comic book day! It's true. Those of you out there who are not nerds may not know it, but Wednesday is the day all the new comics hit the shops. Soooo...I'm gonna point you to this interview with my pal Brent Schoonover. Why? Well, obviously because he's righteous. Also, because I'm inking his pencils on a little comic book called Vincent Price Presents! Yes, finally, Vincent Price is a comic book star. Our issue is forthcoming, and I'll be sure to keep you updated. The series is published by Bluewater Productions, an indie company who put out an eclectic mix of horror and political titles...yes, comics based on the Leprechaun franchise and the life of Michelle Obama are cranked off the same presses. As they should be.

At ant rate, here's a swell page by Brent and me, featuring Vincent gettin' his sweat on. Click to make it BIGGER!

Brent is a horror movie fan and a terrific artist; I saw this commission on his site and I had to repost it here. Mind you, I had to get a new keyboard first, as I'd drooled all over my last one when I saw this (again, click to embiggen):

...Prince Spaghetti Day! Or at least, that's what the Prince Spaghetti Company tried to convince us New Englanders back in the day. So...I'm programmed to eat pasta on hump day, even though Prince no longer exists and I'm on the left coast now. Hooray!

7 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Prince still has a website, although I haven't seen their product in stores for a long, long time.

houseofduck said...

That Creature from the Black Lagoon is the second piece that I have had Brent do for me. The first was of The Spirit and the two of them look really good hanging on the living room wall(still can't believe my wife let me hang them up!)

John Seal said...

Was Wednesday REALLY Prince Spaghetti Day in Boston's North End? Looks yummy.

Wings1295 said...

Prince is still around, and Wednesday will ALWAYS be Price Spagetti Day!

http://prince.newworldpasta.com/index.cfm

BloodPepsi said...

OMG!!! BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL!!!

(Sorry. Black Devil Doll From Hell's mere mention or presence in any form always necessitates an "OMG" at the very least. I'm sure you understand, Stacie)

-Ben

Anonymous said...

That is totally Charlie McCarthy in cornrows and blackface. How creepy!

Riccardo said...

In the 50's my mother asked her mother what my great-grandfather looked like (I guess they didn't take pictures in Sicily or something) and my grandmother said he looked like Vincent Price, so I always think of my great-grandfather when I see Vincent Price.