FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Nov 20, 2009

awesome movie poster friday - the DON'T edition!

Some of these "posters" are VHS covers, but they were just crying out to be included. I didn't want their heartbreak on my conscience, so there they are.

Looking at these, I realize I've only seen Don't Look Now and Don't Go in the Woods...Alone!; I've thought about picking up Don't Answer the Phone!, but...mehhh. No one's ever given it a ringing endorsement so I always pass it by.

See what I did there? "Ringing" endorsement? For the movie about a PHONE? Get it? Phone? Ring...ing...? Merrrrrr.

I will say that the odd Val Kilmer-Jeff Bridges love child sitting haughtily in drag has intrigued me enough so that I may seek out Don't Go in the House.

For what it's worth, I think my favorite poster here is for Don't Go in the Woods...Alone!- man, it's the mirrored aviator glasses that do it. What's even better is that she's actually in the film- along with hikers on roller skates, hikers in wheelchairs...ahh. I read my review and now I want to watch it again, even though I know it's terrible, terrible.

















7 comments:

michael said...

I like Don't Open 'Til Christmas but I'm a sucker for Christmas horror. It's directed by the star of Pieces!

Theron said...

I think every movie in every language should be named "No Responda al Telefono!" That's wonderful!

Highly Caffeinated said...

'Nie Ogladaj Sie Teraz'.

There must have been some seriously good drugs going around that room when they designed that

Danny Spoiler said...

I guss i won't.

Blue Seven said...

If you're feeling entirely too nice and clean and happy you can always watch Don't Go in the House to take care of all that.

Bill Walsh said...

Answer the phone and die! (Danish)

"Brutal, crude, outrageous, chilling… Truthful! Don't Answer the Phone! He knows you're alone!" (Spanish)

The House of Living Corpses (German)

Don't Look Now has the best range of stuff. Starting with the Danish one. It appears to be Look Now. Moving on: Threat in the Shadow (Spanish). The Polish is a literal translation. The German is the awesomely baroque When the Gondolas Bear Grief. The French is Do Not Return.

Nick Cato said...

DON'T GO IN THE WOODS was one of the WORST slasher films ever (2 of my friends even left the theater during it!) and I'm still trying to figure out how DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE received an R-Rating---while it's not splatter-gory, the violence level is just totally brutal!