FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Sep 6, 2010

Make yer voice heard!

Yeah, I'm talking to you...and even you! Here's the deal, folks: I have decided to engage in a kooky social experiment scheme- one that I may or may not come to regret later- and I need your help. Don't worry, it's easy: all you have to do is email me a list of your top 20 favorite horror films. That's it. The 20 horror films you like the best. You can comment here, if you like ("Ahh, if Night of the Whatever Whatever doesn't make the list you're all jerks and I'll kill myself!"), but email me the complete list. I'm leaving this open until September 26th, and then something magical will happen in October SHOCKTOBER.

Yes, it's that time of the year again and I'm so excited I could...well, you know. Something.

Email your list to: stacieponder (at) gmail (dot) (c)(o)(m). Put LIST or MY LIST or LIST-O or something like that in the subject line.

Getcher vote on and let's see what comes of it, shall we? Besides me pulling my hair and wondering why I'm doing it, I mean. YEAH HORROR MOVIES!

EDITED TO ADD: Unless you indicate otherwise, I will assume you mean the original versions of all films and not the remakes...so if you mean, say, Snyder's Dawn of the Dead and not Romero's Dawn of the Dead, be sure to include the year or director name. If you just say "Dawn of the Dead" with no indicators, I'll assume it's the 1978 version.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: The order doesn't matter, as the results won't be weighted- it's strictly numbers. You don't have to provide commentary or justification, unless you want to give me something entertaining to read- these are your choices. Your favorites! You might know that Movie Whatever technically sucks but you love it and it's your number one favorite- and that's totally fine. You don't have to pick "classics" or esteemed films- just your 20 favorites.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I JUST watched Martyrs for the first time hours ago. And I was doing so well trying to get that film out of my head too. Thanks, Stacie. It will make my list though!

Verdant Earl said...

Done and done. Looking forward to the big horkin' results show, er, post.

Anonymous said...

*Gasp* She's talking to me!
This is what democracy is all about, I'll participate. But first I have to do some serious thinking.

A.J. Axline said...

*examines tracks in ground*

"You see them tracks? That's the tracks left by a kooky social experiment scheme. Watch yourselves, men."

John Eno said...

Are you looking for a list in order of preference, or just a grab-bag?

Banned In Queensland said...

Does the list have to be in order, like a proper "Top 20", or doesn't it matter just as long as we list 20 films?

I don't want to get this wrong and ruin the whole thing.

Dale said...

I'm planning on watching Martyrs tommorrow night, so I guess I'll hold off my list-making until then. Although I might yet end up wussing out and postponing it, after all I've heard about how horrifying it is.

The Scream Queen said...

Ooooh, 20? This is going to be tough, but I believe I'm up to the challenge. Plus, any excuse for a distraction from work.

Missy Y. said...

Ms. Ponder, I ask you, can we put these films in random order? Or do you need them to be ranked, m'dear?

Pokemon Postmon said...

Just a plain ol' list or would you like some sorta brief justification for the choices? I mean, if I were to include "Leprechaun 4: In Space" I'm guessing you might wanna know why!

Stacie Ponder said...

Order and justification matter not! I'll edit the post to reflect such.

deadlydolls said...

I'm so weirdly intrigued by what this will bring. I really hope the end result involves candy corn.

Brent Schoonover said...

Damn it! I feel like I am breaking up with someone trying to figure out this list.

Andreas said...

Oh my God, oh my God, some kind of Halloweeny surprise! I better go write down 20 movies post haste and send those babies in! Yay horror democracy.

spazmo said...

This is one of those situations where a list made in haste becomes a personal source of neverending regret.

Still, it was fun!

Stacie Ponder said...

I love how tortured everyone is! :D It's so hard to choose but 20. My top 20 is always changing.

I should edit to add "no takesies-backsies"!

Kev said...

SENT! Anyone else get the feeling they'll spend the next few days thinking of movies they wish they'd put on their list?

Banned In Queensland said...

Thanks for the clarification, Stacie.

My top 16 are locked in. Now, about a dozen films are fighting for the last 4 positions in my list.

Whoa! Donkey Punch just donkey punched Child's Play... it's gettin' ugly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacie, how strict are you being on the definition of "horror"? Would something like Se7en count, for example?

Stacie Ponder said...

"Hey Stacie, how strict are you being on the definition of "horror"?"

Oh, it's vague- or, I should say, it's whatever you want it to be. Any film YOU consider to be horror. I've gotten some interesting choices, that's for sure!

Ryan Midnight said...

My current top twenty as of right this second are coming to you!

Pokemon Postmon said...

By the wonders of modern science and technology, my list will have been with you minutes ago! Have to say that it ended up a bit bog-standard (apart from the bias to the zombies!). I'm sure there are many I've neglected but I do stand by my list. I dunno about art....
:D