FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Sep 28, 2010

A thing you can read!

So the fine folks at AfterEllen asked if I wanted to start a monthly column about women and/in/about horror. I said, "Why yes, that sounds like a delight." The column is called "Take Back the Knife" and the first one is up and running right now, woo! It's all about the making of In Satan's Closet, which I hope you've watched already. If not, what are you waiting for? Git over there and watch! Or watch it here at FG! Or whatever!

I wish I could take credit for coming up with the name "Take Back the Knife", but I can't (hat tip to my friend Dara for that one). I just don't have that sort of clever-pun-riddled brain. Like, if I opened a hair salon I wouldn't call it, you know, SHEAR MAGIC or something. I'd probably call it HAIR CUTS.

Also, I posted up the third episode of Space Girls. You should watch that, too. I mean, if you want to. No pressure or anything.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I've always liked those kinda of hair salon names!

Cut-n-up Hair Salon was always a personal favorite :)

Good job on your new venture, Stacie!

spazmo said...

Loved reading about the behind-the-scenes magic that went into making ISC.

And you mentioned "having actors balk at your shenanigans in the past"? Ugh. There's no room for prima donnas in low-budget horror.

Also, how about "ShenaniBangs!" for the name of your new hair salon?

Anonymous said...

There's a salon in my town called Sassy Scissors. I want to go there so bad but I'm afraid they'll be really sassy and make me cry!!

Pearce said...

I love columns and blogs with “knife” in the title. I’m still proud of the title of my own – “Look out! He’s got a knife!”

Anonymous said...

Donde esta la scare-ening?

Stacie Ponder said...

No es esta noche. Lo siento.