FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 6, 2010

aww yeah

It's time for me to go on with my "bad" "self" and pick another film club picking. HuuunnnnnnnHHHHHNNN!!!

The Funhouse.

Ow, that kinda hurt.

Look, I've seen this movie before, sure. But earlier today I was all manner of whelmed with the desire to watch it again, so I decided to drag you with me. Perhaps you've seen it before. No matter! Let's revisit this primo slice of 1981-a-riffic awesomeness together- paying to get in, praying to get out and all that. My affection for this film is largely nestled gently between the bosoms of a lady named Nostalgia, but I don't care! It is not without many merits. So there.

The film: The Funhouse
The due date: Monday, November 8. This means I won't accept reviews on Tuesday, November 9, so don't be late. This means YOU! For reals.
What you do:
  1. Review the movie on your site. Add a link to Final Girl in there somewhere. If you've reviewed the film before, that's fine- but you must retrofit your review with a link to FG to be included in my round-up.
  2. Email your link to me at stacieponder at gmail dot com. Put 'film club' or some such in the subject line.
  3. Bask in the warm, glowing, warming glow of Film Club Day. Easy, breezy, et cetera et cetera.
Now for the aww no department: The Scare-ening is on hiatus until a time when it is no longer such. Many apologies.

13 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Wait...so YOU can be late with your own Film Club review (Onibaba), but WE can't be late?

Who exactly is running this asylum?

Oh yeah...right. Sorry.

healy said...

It's okay. . I got your point=) take care

Banned In Queensland said...

I am missing my Thursday afternoon fix of The Scare-ening (yes, I live in the future (cool huh?))... I hope it returns soon.

Stacie Ponder said...

It's really not that big of a deal, but when people are consistently late, I feel like I need to make the deadline the deadline.

Especially for myself! :D

Carrie said...

Aw, I'll miss the Scare-ening! I hope all is well in the Final world.

Strange Kid said...

Now we're talking! This'll be fun :)

Ivan said...

I'm psyched about this one: I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've never seen it! (Add to that the fact that the missus had a slumber party the other night and the gals screened Texas Chainsaw Massacre--the point being that after the movie, the gals all wondered, What else did Tobe Hooper do?)

Anonymous said...

Okay. i am going to participate again..I really slacked off the last few months. I will be right on time. November 12th you say?

kai said...

Aww shiz, this sucks! Every thursday I look forward to a new episode of the Scare-ening.

Now I'll have to listen to Oprah Radio, my second favorite horror oriented radioshow!

Michele (TheGirlWhoLovesHorror) said...

So stoked about my first film club review, because I can finally participate. The Funhouse brings back some wicked memories. I've already gotten started.

deadlydolls said...

Oooh this is exciting. I grew up with The Funhouse but have never thought to write about it. Any excuse to reference Oz AND The John Larroquette Show is fine by me.

David Robson, Proprietor, House of Sparrows said...

Never seen THE FUNHOUSE, and this is a perfect excuse.

Zombie Cupcake said...

What thomwade said!