FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jan 7, 2011

awesome movie poster friday - the RANDOM edition!

Oh, you know...just some random awesomeness from some random movies I've reviewed.
  • The Horrible House on the Hill is perhaps better known as Devil Times Five. They both translate to "crap", however.
  • Who would have thought that Dominique would have such rad posters?
  • Poor person in Dead & Buried. Not only does he have a needle sticking in his eye, but he's also got a miniature arm growing out of his neck!
  • These have got me jonesin' to get all gorked out and watch Hell Night. I loves me some Hell Night!
  • Has there ever been a more nauseatingly suggestive poster than that for The Initiation, or am I just seeing things?















8 comments:

Bradley said...

Hey now! Give "The Devil Times Five" a little love... it's not perfect, but I wouldn't call it crap. It's got some great atmosphere and DEATH BY PIRANHA - in a bathtub!

Gary Redman said...

HUMONGOUS has to be one of the worst shot and lit movies of the 80's. I wonder if someone forgot to pay the electric bill.That peek the poster gives of the deformed killer is more than the actual film gives us.

RJ Battles said...

The "The Initiation" poster is great, but shouldn't she be wearing some big fluffy slippers?

Bill Walsh said...

Ok, as always I gotta pass on the Thai.

Sapık dönüyor means The Pervert Returns (in Turkish).

Japanese Hell Night (ヘルナイト) is a transliteration: Heru Naito.

French Dominique is something like The Terrifying Eyes or The Eyes of Terror.

Japanese Dead & Buried is baffling to me. It's Zongeria. I have no idea what that means.

And, that's all folks…

Thomas Duke said...

I saw DEVIL TIMES FIVE on TV as a kid, and it scared the living shit out of me. So, maybe I'm a bit biased, but I love it, despite it's problems (it was cobbled together from two different shoots). I even have the other theatrical one sheet under the DT5 title.

Also, the girl in the INITIATION poster is clearly supposed to be a candle wearing a nightie. There's nothing suggestive about it at all. Perv. :P

My word verification is "ablob", which I find offensive. Sure I could lose a few pounds, but there's no need to throw around insults like that.

Anonymous said...

I love Hell Night too, I try to watch it once every couple years. Linda Blair did another movie around the same time called Grotesque. Anybody see that one? I highly recommend it if you can find it.
deb

Anonymous said...

"Dominique" just reminds me of that Louis XIV song "A Letter to Dominique" which is a bouncy, but grisly, tune.

http://tinyurl.com/4bnxgzo

Sadly, this was the only YouTube vid I could find with the studio version of that song...

Stevie B. said...

That MADMAN poster asks us a stupid question. No, identifying the killer is totally not a challenge. He's right there with the hair and overalls.