FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jan 28, 2011

awesome movie poster friday - the VIRAL edition!

Overnight, Satan choo choo-ed the Flu Express from my sinuses to my lungs, which is fine because that's usually the last stop it makes before either wellness or death. To celebrate, I thought AMPF would be a lovely place to feature movies that generally make me want to take a Silkwood shower and hermetically seal myself away from the world.

In related news, is that actually a picture of Jessica Biel in Texas Chainsaw Massacre on that poster for Cabin Fever?





























14 comments:

matango said...

When the post-apocalypse comes, I want to dress like Charlton Heston at the end of The Omega Man.

Strange Kid said...

I really enjoyed The Crazies reboot, it's one of the only remakes (in recent memory) I'd actually care to watch again.

Anonymous said...

Awesome posters. Love the cronenberg stuff. Seems like all my favorite posters are william girdler based though, LOL! What a dork I am.
deb

-Lou said...

You'd think Marilyn Chambers name would have been even bigger on the Rabid posters....

Brittany said...

Is that Jessica Biel in the Cabin Fever poster? i swear it is. That looks like her character from TCM.

Ray said...

Strange Kid, I liked it a lot, too. More than the original, even.

Thom Wade said...

Yes, Brittany...it is Biel. From the TCM remake. I did a double take as well.

Stacie Ponder said...

Did you guys read the copy at the top of the post? :D

TheMikeSchwartz said...

That 28 Weeks Later poster brings back memories from when I was a promotions coordinator for Fox Atomic.

The Shivers posters are by far my favourite.

Thom Wade said...

Geez, Stacie... you expect us to look at the pictures AND read? Demanding.

Kirk H said...

"It's almost dark...they'll be waking up soon!" Warms my heart to see THE OMEGA MAN on Final Girl. If the worst ever happens, I'll look to Chuck H (and Snake Plissken) to light my way.

Robert said...

Love that Italian poster for SHIVERS that looks like something stuck between a 1950's era space-invader flick and the ultimate pulp novel cover. Not a single depiction of the bathtub sequence manages to look like Barbara Steele.

StuartOhQueue said...

The Japanese "Omega Man" is totally redonk.

Uncle Mike said...

LOVE these posters, particularly the ones for The Omega Man.

The trailer for that movie was pretty cool too