FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jan 7, 2011

Friday the 13th Part 3

A few notes!
  1. Some of these were tough to capture well- in particular Andy and Rick. I'm not completely satisfied with them (looks like someone is putting headphones or nice soft buns on Rick's head), but alas. There are idiosyncrasies with this drawing style that I haven't quite worked out yet in all instances (like, how do I put pants on these guys? Andy's not nude, he's wearing jeans!). One lives, one learns!
  2. In case you didn't notice, I've been putting them in order of when they're killed, but if they're killed offscreen, I put 'em basically when they are discovered.
  3. Chili: she's been stabbed in the gut with a hot poker, and that's the sizzle rising, not farts.
  4. Poker? I hardly knew her!
  5. I did not put "and fetus" with Debbie because that's sort of depressing. Also, because I figured it went without saying.
  6. Fox FTW.
  7. For Friday the 13th Part One, click here. For Part Two, click here.

14 comments:

Kmork said...

Sucks to be Andy, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

Put these wonderful things onto t-shirts! I will buy them!

Mikey Sarago said...

That girl's name was Chili??? All these years and I somehow never realized that. There are way too many weirdly named characters in this one, haha.

But anyway...Niiiice. These Friday drawings you're doing are totally boss. Can't wait to see the rest :)

Paul Arrand Rodgers said...

I demand one for Sleepaway Camp.

Bradley said...

You should have included the alternate ending where Chris is beheaded. I have always hated her...

Anonymous said...

or has Chili just passed a steamer?!

Stacie Ponder said...

I clarified that it's not farts! :D Although if her name derives from her adoration of chili, then maybe it is...

Jay Clarke said...

Yes, I can see how it might have been hard to capture Rick's three-dimensional eye popping. Great job though.

I can't wait to see your rendition of Banana Hitchhiker from Part 4!

Bryce Wilson said...

Once again awesome job. Part 2 and 3 really are my favorites. Just hot buttered slashery goodness.

Harold and Edna though... just Jesus man. I almost feel that's the only time one of Jason's slayings qualifies as a mercy killing.

DrunkethWizerd said...

I'm still lovin' this!

Anonymous said...

I'm livin' for these now! Everything else in my life can officially suck it! I love, love, love!

Ryan Clark said...

Is this your rubber? ;D

Lovin' these drawings, Stacie!

Kirk H said...

It has always bummed me out that Debbie was pregnant and that Jason is an (unborn) child killer. But Jason wasn't aware of it, or he would have let her go with a heroine flesh-wound- he's not THAT much of a cock!?...But from his point of view, she was just another pretty, stump-humpin' back-sasser, just like Mommy warned him about!

Hud said...

Congrats on Chili's hair - it's really precise!

Hud