FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 9, 2012

SHOCKtober Day 6: Slither



Ah my friends...I know I am woefully behind on the SHOCKtober shocks, and I will likely remain so because lately, the things I have to do and the time I have in which to do them are out of whack. Such is the way of the world, and woe are we all!

This brings me to Slither, a cult fave for sure...and a film I have still yet to see. I KNOW. I don't know what it is about this movie, beloved by many, that instills in me such a feeling of "I really can't be bothered to watch this movie." It makes me positively apathetic, and I can't figure out why. What's my problem? Elizabeth Banks! I love her! Nathan Fillion, what's not to like! It seems...fun? I guess? Like a gross riff on Night of the Creeps? It's odd. While I though SHOCKtober would finally make it happen (and it still may, don't count me out yet), I just...don't feel like sitting through Slither. That probably says more about me than it does about the film, I know. SO SUE ME.

------------------------  
SHOCKtoberiffic!
------------------------
nijomu 
Scarina's Scary Vault of Scariness
Blog@Rotten Cotton
Aim for the Head
moneyandahalf 
Life Between Frames