FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 15, 2013

Outlander, we have your Corn-ening!


It's true, you guys, it's here and it's TIME for The Corn-ening! I'll be starting the original Children of the Corn (1984) in about...oh, 15 minutes and it's all downhill from there. After each film I'll writeup a little...uh, writeup- so be sure to check back throughout the day for updates regarding my sanity and self-esteem.

Now then, if you dig what I'm doing today, what I've done, what you think I'll do...please, I would like you to think of The Corn-ening as a sort of telethon. A Corn-ening-a-thon! My fellow horror writer Alexandra West- she of Famous Monsters of Filmland, she of being an expert on found footage horror, she of generally being wicked awesome and all-around one of the finest people I've had please to Internet meet- recently lost everything in an apartment fire. Everything. So did her roommate. If she had all of the Children of the Corn movies on DVD, they are gone now. Even if she didn't have all of the Children of the Corn movies on DVD, it is a terrible thing.

Sometimes, though, The Internet is a terrific place. A GoFundMe page has been started for Alex and her roommate, and during the Corn-ening-a-thon I urge you to donate to help these women get back on their feet. Read a review, pitch in a buck. Watch as my writing devolves into babbling lunacy (NOT THAT YOU COULD TELL, AMIRITE), throw in a five-spot. Maybe forgo a pricy coffee today in order to help out, I don't know. What I do know is that the Cyber Horror Community is an incredible one. We're like a mighty family of freaks who help each other out and pitch in when needed...and boy is it needed now. So give if you can- what they're going through right now could easily happen to any of us.

And now I become She Who Sits Behind the Couch (yes it's very impractical...I can't see the TV). On to Children of the Corn!

No comments: